SNEAK PREVIEW OF OUR EVENTS PROGRAMME WHICH WILL BE LAUNCHED IN EARLY JUNE
‘Sea’ it for Yourself
SeaFest is a national free family-friendly festival that celebrates our proud maritime heritage, and the amazing ways that our seas and oceans enrich our lives. SeaFest showcases Ireland’s abundant maritime resources while raising awareness of the value and opportunities provided by the sea.
Why come to SeaFest?
SeaFest 2018 will cover all things marine – from seafood cookery to science, exploring the ships that transport us to discovering the creatures of the deep.
The festival aims to educate, inspire, invigorate and remind us all of our ocean’s wealth. With awe-inspiring events and exhibits over the three days, organisers have already succeeded in capturing the imagination of Irish people and visitors alike.
This year is set to be the biggest yet, here’s just a taste of what is to come.
- PowerFly’s World-Champion Flyboarders – A Flyboard is a brand of hydro-flighting device which supplies propulsion to drive the Flyboard into the air to perform a sport known as hydroflying. A Flyboard rider stands on a board connected by a long hose to a watercraft.
- Mind-blowing and inspiring talks by wildlife cameraman Doug Allan – Sir David Attenborough describes him as “The toughest in the industry” and we are thrilled to have him provide his remarkable deep sea insights during a series of presentations at SeaFest 2018.
- Try sailing or kayaking in Galway Harbour – This year all our ‘on the water’ events will be fully accessible to people of all abilities. Partnering with Irish Sailing we have so many maritime treats to allow you to sample the wonderful feeling of being afloat. You get to choose which type of raft you get on the water with!
- Cooking demonstrations from some of Ireland’s top chefs – partnering with Ireland’s seafood development agency, BIM and Bord Bia, the Irish food board, we will bring you a taste of SeaFest wrapped in seafood.
- Tour vessels – walk-on tours of some of Ireland’s most important vessels is a not-to-be-missed attraction!
- Defence Forces display – SeaFest is delighted to confirm that the Defence Forces will be back in force at this year’s festival. The popular Defence Forces display will return to Galway Harbour. The Defence Forces, as well as the Naval Service and Air Corps will provide a current equipment and capabilities display, and an Irish naval vessel will also be open for tours.
Something for everyone
- Plenty of workshops and activities for kids – Our KidsZone will be packed with child-like adventures which the adults will love to, that we promise you!
- Roving seafaring entertainment
- Sample tasty treats at the Food Village
As well as the three day festival, Our Ocean Wealth Summit and Trade Show will take place on Thursday 28th June.
Get social with SeaFest
Our App will be updated in the coming weeks, but you can still download it now on the App Store or Google Play Store and we will notify you when there’s an update to it! Please don’t forget to get social with us!